May 27, 2011

50- and 100-Mile Radius Goal

I read recently that you should work toward advancing a goal every day. It doesn't have to be much...just something to keep moving toward the goal. One of my goals is to travel (in increments) a fifty- and one-hundred-mile radius around Denver. This may seem a silly, pointless, and possibly expensive goal to others. But the way I see it, there is so much going on right in our own figurative backyards that many people will never experience. Why spend hundreds or thousands of dollars traveling to the backyards of others? Don't get me wrong, I intend to do that along the way...but while squeezing day-trips in here and there.

So, basically, this is me advancing my goal. Impressive to behold, isn't it? Here are the cities I plan to visit (or have visited already, if they are crossed off and linked). In some cases, the city will be within a couple miles of the radius edge.

50-Mile Radius


- Loveland or Windsor
- Empire Reservoir, Tampa, or Keenesburg (holla!)
- Shamrock...and county roads? This one will be challenging.
- Deer Trail, Byers, or Agate
- Elbert
- Black Forest, Gleneagle, Air Force Academy
- Pike National Forest, Lake George
- Grant
- Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash
- Estes Park, Grand Lake, or Rocky Mountain National Park


100-Mile Radius


- Cheyenne
- Pawnee National Grassland, Keota, or Grover
- Brush, Akron, Hillrose
- Limon, Genoa, Flagler
- Punkin Center, Rocky Ford, Karval
- Pueblo, Coal Creek
- San Isabel National Forest, Salida, Poncha Springs, Buena Vista
- Leadville
- Routt National Forest, Kremmling, Steamboat Springs
- Walden, State Forest State Park, Old Roach, Kinikinik

2 comments:

Martini Mom said...

I think this is a fantastic goal! I'm in the process of something similar around Seattle, though I hadn't thought to make it a formal "to-do." I definitely should, though. So much easier to follow through on good ideas if they're acknowledged formally in some way, even just jotted on a bit of scratch paper and pinned to a bulletin board.

Kelli said...

Thanks, Martini Mom! It's kind of dorky goal, made even dorkier by me outlining it. But it definitely helps me plan and track progress. Good luck with your Seattle radius!