April 13, 2011

8Balloons

My hats have been featured on a blog called 8Balloons, along with a bunch of other neat finds! Ch-ch-ch-check it out.

8Balloons: Happiness Visualized

On a side note--because there always has to be a side note--the blogger found me on Twitter. Twitter is the site I have to actively work at getting better. Facebook is easy because it's visual and conversations are easy to follow. But Twitter is all of the place. It's like jazz. And you know how I feel about jazz:

beeeboobeeZIPpowpowpowbeebooboooretcharetchabeeeebeeeewickawicka

It makes me insane. Nevertheless, I recognize that it's a good tool for meeting and connecting with people.

But here's my question: what do you talk about on Twitter? Just what you're doing at the moment? What you'd like to be doing? What you shouldn't be doing? Help a Twitard out...

(Bad blogger ETA: I totally meant to add that if you want to hang out on Twitter, my handle is @bitteroclock.)

2 comments:

Gena said...

I'm in the same boat as you. Not literally. I've been trying to get into Twitter but it's not clicking. However, like you, a blogger found me on Twitter and she's going to post about my baby science books sometime in May. I'm pretty excited about it. I read an article somwhere that I can't find now, but it was about how to use Twitter - basically, don't post links unless you have something extra to add to make the tweet informative. Here are some dos that I remember: follow people you find interesting, reply to their tweets if you've got something to say, and have conversations. I think it's more okay to talk to strangers on Twitter than in other mediums and therein lies it's usefulness. But like I said, I'm not a big Twitterer so take this with a grain of salt. I'm still thinking about your combover hat, by the way. I like it when someone has a strange idea and they don't let the strangeness stop them from bringing it to life.

Kelli said...

I'm a bit of hypocrite: I get annoyed when I go to Twitter and all I see are links. However, I'm pretty sure if you go scroll through my Tweets, a lot of them are links. I have it set up to automatically repost my Facebook statuses, as well as new Etsy listings. LOL

I agree with the idea that it's easier to talk to strangers on there, though.

Re: the combover hat, thanks! I'm waiting to get to the store for more brown yarn so I can finish it. Then I'm planning to take it out for a night on the town. Maybe I'll even find a sweater vest and pleated khakis to wear with it.

Congrats on getting featured on the blog! Let me know when it has been posted!