March 23, 2011

Boho on Another Blog

If you like shopping, cooking, fashion, or if you just like me, go check out Without A Thing To Wear. It's a lifestyle blog I visit from time to time to ogle awesome stuff.


And well, what's awesomer than me? Nothing, right? Well, I'm on the home page of that blog right now, so check it out.

On a side note about that picture...I love that picture. And you know why I love that picture? I love that I'm starting to get wrinkles. No, really. Go look again. Right around the mouth. As long as I've been a teen mom, I've been looking forward to being 30 years old. And now, the moment is swiftly approaching and I couldn't be happier about it.

And why you ask? (My, you sure are interactive today, readers!) Well, that was supposed to be the age at which people start taking you seriously--not only as a parent, but as an adult. As someone who has spent much of the past 28 years NOT being taken seriously, this was always a goal.

But strangely, I have had a realization recently. My best friend, a teen mother herself, recently turned 30. I asked her, "So do people take you seriously now?" She replied, "Nope, not at all." I asked her where we went wrong. Why are my peers working up the career ladder instead of pushing it over? Wearing conservative and expensive clothes instead of thrift store finds? Investing their money in the stock market instead of Starbucks?

Well, my conclusion is that I'll never truly be grown-up. As long as I have water fights in the house, conversations with vacuums, and intense goals like being homeless, I'll never be taken seriously.

And you know what? I'm cool with that. It's taken me nearly 30 years to realize who I am and who I don't want to be. So, cheers 30! I look forward to seeing you next year.

Oh yeah, but seriously...go check out that blog.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

This is why I love her so darn much!