February 7, 2011

Letting Things Go and Learning to CTFO

I've known for some time that I get uptight with Keene a lot. But yesterday, it occurred to me just how often and over (sometimes) silly stuff. I don't stay irritated, but I do snap at him. For example, yesterday:

- He didn't want to eat the cereal we have for breakfast. I didn't want to eat it either, but we were about to leave for a day trip and I didn't want to spend money on a fast-food breakfast. I was eating the cereal even though I didn't like it. I felt he should have to, as well.

- He kept farting in the car ALL DAY.

- He kept playing in the snow, which made the kids play in the snow, when I told them not to (since it was damn near freezing and I didn't want them complaining about being wet while standing outside for an hour).

- He kept breaking off icicles for the kids to lick or play with. I don't know why this bothered me.

- When I went to sit by him on the couch later that night, he told me to move so he could see the TV.

So, even though none of these are really a big deal and I didn't stay upset for more than five minutes at a time, I realized I need to CTFO. I don't know why these little things bother me.

No comments: