October 8, 2010

The Glee Craze.

I have watched about 4-5 episodes of Glee on Hulu over the last few weeks. I have learned two things while watching:

1. It appears I like Lady Gaga songs...I just don't like when she sings them. The covers are always much better (and not just with Glee, but with other people who have covered her).

2. I like the show. I think it's witty and cute. I love the characters, Sue and Britney. I like that they use people with Down's Syndrome, but it's not really the theme. It shows that people with disabilities can be regular actors too. I wish they used a real paraplegic in the same way.

However, I don't really like the musical segments. Strange, I know. That's kind of a theme. The cast, characters, and dialogue make the show a 4 out of 5. But with the music, it knocks the score down some.

Part of that is because I hate that the inconsistency. For example, when they are in their classroom, they have a band, so the songs make sense. (Well, if you ignore the fact that a silly high school band can apparently turn it out like they do.) But then, if they just break out into song in the bathroom or outside, there is no band around, so why not make it acapella? Why does an invisible band have to start playing?

Luckily, on Hulu, you can fast-forward through those.

No comments: