August 5, 2010

This is what I don't understand about marketing

Working in marketing, I mean. EVERYWHERE I've worked at does this same thing.

Why do proposals ALWAYS have to be done at the last minute? Today is Thursday. We had anticipated a deadline of next Tuesday. Therefore, we would have started work on it tomorrow, so it would have time to mail out. In order to be there on Tuesday.

Instead, the deadline was pushed back to next Thursday. I asked if I can still work on printing stuff out tomorrow. "No," says the proposal chick. "There will be last-minute changes, so we can't print until Tuesday."

Really? Because we would have done it anyways tomorrow. We would have finished up all the last-minute changes tomorrow. Why can't we still work on it tomorrow and just get it done early?

No comments: