June 25, 2010

Photos I Wish I Never Googled.

Now, you too can wish you never Googled them!

(No, I'm not going to post photos. But I will post links so you can share in my scaredness/ickyness/weirdedness. And I will also post some drawn photos, so you don't feel like you have to click the links in order to know what the heck is going on.)

1. Fetus in fetu

This weirds me out especially because I have a small cyst on my back that I'm certain is an unborn twin. My ex-husband had a cyst on his back which, after I worriedly pestered him for months, finally had it removed. He said it looked like chewing gum. Eeeeeeep!

(After drawing this, I realized it looks a lot like Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Whoa, ephiphany!)



2. Harlequin babies

Shout out to Tiffy for bringing this to my attention. I'm glaring at you while I say this, by the way.


3. Exorcism videos

This started out as a Google search for 'exorcism photos,' but turned into my watching videos on YouTube at midnight, by myself. Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

By the way, did I ever talk about the time Kayden's dad was possessed? I totally should invite him to guest-blog about it, sometime.


4. Animal lab testing

In college, I wrote a tongue-in-cheek paper about how testing should be done on prisoners instead of animals. The majority of the class wildly misunderstood it and subsequently steered clear of me the rest of the year. Anyhow, while Googling facts about animal testing, it led to (as most things in my life do) looking up accompanying photos.


5. Abortion

I didn't actually Google this one, but I have had to see photos of abortions on a few separate occasions. Most recently, it was while I worked downtown. Once or twice a year, a local pro-life organization would hang extremely graphic photos over the sides of bridges crossing the major freeway on which I drove every day. They would also walk up and down the pedestrian mall, carrying similar photos. There are few times in my life when I have wanted to punch someone more than this.

The first time I had to see photos was while in a high school Sociology class in Wyoming. Not only that, but the teacher even had a real aborted fetus in a baby jar, which he passed around to the class.

Not only that, but I was four months pregnant at the time.

Long story short, please do not force your agenda onto others. It really sucks and sometimes makes me lose my lunch.

No comments: