June 25, 2010

Freaking out a little.

I woke up this morning with a horrible headache behind my left eye. I figured it's because I was grinding my teet or something (which I've done before in the past and got a headache when I woke up). But then I started feeling disoriented (forgot certain words like "fruit roll-up" and "sugar" and even "disoriented," when trying to talk to Keene...not to mention this is taking a while to post because I mispelling things). I took some Excedrin, but it hasn't really helped. In fact, now I feel really nauseous, probably because of it?

Shit. I don't know if this just a really weird migraine, or if I should go to the doctor (and miss work that I can't really make up).

------------------------------------------------------

I started feeling a little better, so I didn't go to the doctor. I'm mostly okay now, just wiped out and still have a bit of a headache. I talked with Keene when I got home. He said while we were talking earlier this morning, he was seriously worried I might have been having a stroke or something, because of the way I was functioning.

We were trying to figure out why this would have happened, going over what I've been exposed to, what we've eaten, etc. I mentioned in passing to him that maybe I had a reaction to the fish we ate last night. He said, "Huh...maybe you have an allergy to mercury?"

I just looked up allergy symptoms and now I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Everywhere I looked, the main symptoms of mercury toxicity (obviously on a minor scale) are nausea, fatigue, headaches, loss of coordination, loss of memory, and...ding! Decreased mental functionality (which includes speech).

I don't really eat fish, hardly ever, and last night was the first time Keene tried preparing some for me. He and Kayden are fine, so if that's what caused it, it must be an allergy on my part, rather than something he did wrong.

So, anyhow, it's been a scary day, but I'm glad I feel better now.

No comments: