March 12, 2010

Boyfriends being good, children being bad...and other life events

- I came home after work to find Keene already cooking dinner (it was just a frozen pizza, but it's a start) and had made guacamole. Later, after I came home from a show, he had cleaned the entire kitchen. Good boy.

- I've been struggling to teach Kayden to ride a bike, since he doesn't like to ride. However, on Sunday, I took the kids to a parking lot with their bikes and let them practice. He jumped right on and started riding on his own. He stumbled a bit, but for the most part, he's got it down.

- Maia has finally crossed that sibling boundary: she hit Kayden this morning. I knew it was only a matter of time with her. We always tell the kids, "We don't care what you say to each other, because we know you don't mean it. But hitting will be punished very severely." So, I just sent Keene a "debriefing" email, telling him what happened so he can handle it tonight (we were on our way out the door when it happened).

- I almost punched a guy last night at the bar who kept pushing me jokingly. I think he was trying to be cute or funny or something. I turned around and got in his face and yelled at him. I was *thisclose* to violence if he did it again, but instead, he went somewhere else to watch the show.

(Do you like how on the heels of "Violence is not okay", I'm talking about being violent?)

No comments: