October 22, 2009

Stomach issues are back.

In 2007, I dealt with almost constant nausea, felt really sick every time I ate, lost most of my appetite. Back then, I tried to really tackle the problem: medications, ultrasounds, x-rays, a thing to test my heart, some other tests which I don't remember, and finally an endoscopy. That was a pretty bad experience and was kind of the last straw for me. They told me the next step would be a colonoscopy, but I opted out of further treatment. That's around the time when I lost about 20 pounds.

So, I've had just occasional problems since then, but it looks like it's coming back. For about a week now, I've been getting really bad nausea after I eat or drink anything. Like to the point of vomiting at times. My symptoms seem like it could be an ulcer, but the doctors didn't find anything last time around (unless it would be in my lower intestines, which they didn't look at). Back then, they also tested me for GERD, cancer, and other stuff, but found nothing.

Ugh. I really don't want to get into all that medical shit again. It was costly and took away a lot of time from work. Not to mention how frustrating it was to constantly be told there wasn't anything wrong (that they could find). So, I'm going to just grin and bear it for the time-being, see if it goes away on its own.

No comments: