September 23, 2009

Keene is a hero.

Last night, I was unloading the dishwasher. Keene put a dish of butter in the microwave to melt it. Almost immediately after it started, there was a really loud bang and a spark popped out over the top of the microwave (the microwave is built into the cupboards).

Keene screamed, "Holy shit!" and ran halfway down the hall. I, who was standing right by the microwave when it happened, reached over and turned it off. I opened the microwave, inspected the contents (nothing metal in there, of course), then told Keene that I thought it was a blown fuse.

He called maintenance and, as he was explaining what happened, he said, "...there was a loud pop, so my brave girlfriend turned it off while I ran down the hallway."

No comments: