November 24, 2008

Writing from Utah

Date: November 24, 2008
To: Joshua Keene
From: Kelli Petersen

J-to-the-izzo, Osh-to-the-izzay!

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

Anyhow, I'm hanging out at Aryn's house. Kayden is playing a Wii for the first time. And I saw an episode of House last night. Aryn was damn near astonished that I had never seen it before. It's looking like I probably won't see my mom and sister on this trip. My sister is MIA and I can't remember which WMCA my mom is at. I only remember her code name: "Hi, can I speak to John Denver please?"

I've determined I'm just not that good with babies. I mean, they're cute and all, but they aren't as amusing as older kids. Moreover, they don't find ME as amusing as older kids do. I think we're going to pick up Aryn's nephew (who is one of Kayden's good friends) from school and say hi to our sixth grade teacher while we're there. I haven't seen her since just before I got pregnant.

Umm...that's all I've got. My friend is still breastfeeding her baby and it makes Kayden very embarrassed, but to his credit, he doesn't say anything. Just blushes and turns his head. I find this endlessly funny.

No comments: