September 9, 2008

OMG. I. GOT. FLOWERS.

It's a dozen orange roses with a vase and a note:

"I had a wonderful time on Friday night! I can't wait to get together again. Thank you for a great evening."

I quickly hid them under my desk until I'm ready to deal with them.

::blushshakeblush::
_______________________________________________________________

::blushing::

::still shaking::
_______________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm breathing normally...

So, now it's time to start analyzing this.

Don't you guys think it's a little hokey? I will admit that I secretly love getting flowers and think it was very thoughtful. But isn't it also a little cheesy? I don't know... Josh used to send flowers on occasion: half-iversary, b-day, and such. This is the first time I've gotten flowers kind of for the hell of it, and definitely the first time after a date.

I don't know what to think.
_______________________________________________________________

Also, I do think it was a big gesture on his part, because I get the feeling he's in the same financial boat as me (which is a small boat, indeed). But I wonder if he did it because he is a romantic or if he felt that's just what you do after a date?
_______________________________________________________________

::cough:: And he may have gone with orange because I had said my favorite color right now is pumpkin-orange.


_______________________________________________________________

Also, don't you guys think maybe it's moving a little fast? I don't know. ::hyperventilating::
_______________________________________________________________

::deep breath:: Okay, I will accept it for what it was: a very thoughtful gesture to show he likes me a lot...and the fact that this was only in addition to the many texts and emails we've exchanged since the date shows that this isn't just something he's doing to make up for there being no substance or thought.

Anyhow, I sent him an email thanking him and saying it was thoughtful and all the single women in my office won't stop chattering at me.
_______________________________________________________________

Count on a bitter divorcee to freak out and question the intent of flowers.

Speaking of... ::calls court for the billionth time to see if divorce is final yet::
_______________________________________________________________

This was the reply I got from my thank-you email:

I'm glad you like the flowers. I was a little worried that I might be laying it on a bit thick. I must say that the attention that you're getting from your co-workers was a big part of my plan. I'm still getting to know you, of course, and I'm trying to be... prudent, I guess. That being said, you've made quite an impression on me, stalking or not. I like you a lot.

(The coworker line and stalking bit was in reference to a joke I had made earlier.)

No comments: