September 5, 2008

My beef with the kid-havin'

Let's say I fall madly in love with someone, build a lasting connection with them, get my finances in order, and--after all that--feel I'm ready to have another kid. I would assume that would all take three years at the *VERY* least, right?

That would put Kayden at 11 years old...AT LEAST. He could very well be even older by the time it happened.

Here's my beef: would I really want to start over when I'm so close to being an empty-nester? I think I would want another kid someday, but not necessarily want to start all over again. I know some people who have done this, but I just don't think it's for me. For that reason, I would probably just consider adopting or fostering a child.

One of the drawbacks of having a kid so young...

No comments: