September 2, 2008

I yelled at my poor mom and now feel kind of bad.

I'll regularly go months without hearing from her. And since she hardly ever has the same phone number for more than a month, I don't really have a way to get a hold of her. Last time I talked to her was right before the trip to New Mexico. She called to tell me she was going to jail for a while. She also told me her boyfriend threw her out of the house because her drinking was out of hand.

So anyhow, she called and I talked to her on the way back from WY. She said everything was great and she was back together with her boyfriend and they were both clean.

Then today, she called me four times while I was at work. I called her back on my lunch. She sounded drunk or high (but it's so hard to tell anymore) and was crying. She told me her boyfriend ran off with her money and got drunk and she was broke and had no money and nowhere to live and blahblahblah. Same shit, different month, different man.

I was in a lousy mood to start with and she just pissed me off. I bitched at her for only calling me when she needs money. I told her to quit going back to that guy, to call the cops if he took her money. She tried to get off the phone as soon as I said I wouldn't give her money. But I made her stay on so I could really lay into her. I told her about getting a part-time job on top of my full-time job, about my house foreclosing, and more stuff.

She apologized "for bothering me" and hung up.

I kind of feel bad, but not enough to do anything about it. I hate that she won't help herself...just relies on her kids, family, or boyfriends to do it for her.

No comments: