September 21, 2008

And so it starts...

Both Keene and I are super-protective of our kids. Neither of us introduce our kids to anyone we date. But we haven't really talked about when that may eventually happen. I guess it all depends on how we feel as time progresses. I personally wouldn't want Kayden to meet someone he knows I'm dating until I'm fairly sure the relationship is serious. I believe Keene feels the same way.

But here's where it gets complicated. Since we both have primary custody of our kids, we have very little free time away from them. Would it be weird to do a play-date type thing? The reason I wonder is because he said he had a couple extra tickets to the amusement park that he wanted to give to me. I don't know if that means he wants to meet up or what. In any event, it's definitely too soon to go about introducing or even hanging around each others' kids (I think we would have to actually be in a relationship first...lol).

So I don't really have a question...just wondering. Does meeting the kids have to be a huge deal, only reserved for further down the road? One thing to keep in mind is that while I would introduce Keene as a friend, Kayden would inevitably know it's more than that. He's on super-high-new-stepdad-seeking alert right now.

No comments: