August 6, 2008

Scar Cat got an STD in New Mexico.

Okay, not really...but man, I would not be surprised in the least.

Anyhow, one eye has been kind of goopy (but not problematic) for a couple weeks. However, over the last week, it started looking a little foggy or something. I decided to get him in to the vet...probably on Saturday or something. However, this morning, I woke up to find his second eye also goopy and the first eye had gone very red.

So I took him to the vet this morning. Turns out he has kitty Herpes. The doc said it's likely something he's always had, but it was probably the stress of the move that made it start up again. Anyhow, he has the Herpes and could possibly pass it to the other cats, although the doc thinks that's unlikely. I'll have to get them vaccinated just to be safe.

Also, the herpes caused an ulcer to form on his eyeball, which is what caused the "fogginess". I have some eye goop to treat it. However, if that doesn't work he'll have to see the kitty opthamalogist (?) and possibly have it removed (the ulcer...not the eye, hopefully).

I bet once word gets around, Lily will stop trying to screw him. Maybe. She's pretty dumb, though.

No comments: