August 4, 2008

I don't fucking think so.

An email from Josh:

Sorry. These childish outbursts of mine are getting old. I hope this anger goes away once the divorce is finalized.

If you're willing to print out another copy of the documents and have a notary on-hand, I will swing by your office to sign them. It's probably best if they aren't left in my possession. Let me know if this works for you.


Then I have to risk him throwing a hissy fit at my job or even taking his anger out on me in person? And I actually work with about five notaries, but I don't want to put them in the position of having to be there when my ex comes to sign paperwork. Even then, the deadline for all of this is Thursday. I still have to work up all that paperwork again and then just hope he doesn't flip out again? Uh-uh.

I think the best option is to have him go to Kort's office and sign the new documents, since they work right next to each other and he has no reason to kill her.

__________________________________________________________

Update:

Josh,
Rather than coming to my office, I've sent Kortney the court papers via email. She has printed them out and will have a notary on hand. You will need to contact her to figure out a time to go there and sign them.

Once you have signed them, she will give them to me. I will then sign and file them myself. If she hasn't received an email from you by tomorrow at ten, I will proceed without you and with the help of a lawyer. I will also then submit your emails to the court, as well.

I have been nothing but nice and cooperative with you, trying to make this as easy as possible. However, I won't put up with your mood swings and verbal abuse--even if it is only by email. Once I have signed the papers, I will send you a copy of them...then I see no reason for us to have any more communication.

No comments: