August 28, 2008

Argument with a Stranger

I was walking down the street and I saw a guy wearing a business suit, complete with DNC buttons and paraphernalia. I saw him look me up and down, then he approached me. This is a dramatization of the conversation:

Guy: Hey, buy me a burrito?
Me: What?
Guy: (points at burrito cart) Buy me a burrito...they're only $3.
Me: I don't think so.
Guy: Aw, c'mon...they're only $3.
Me: I'm not buying you a burrito.
Guy: Why not?
Me: It's my money and I don't want to. Buy your own burrito.
Guy: (growing agitated) I don't have money. I got drunk last night and lost my wallet. I'm waiting until my flight back to Miami. (shows plane ticket)
Me: Sell your ticket and buy yourself a burrito.
Guy: Then how will I get home?
Me: Not my problem. (keeps walking)
Guy: So you won't buy me a burrito?
Me: No. (keeps walking)
Guy: (turns in other direction, walks, and shouts) You say you support Obama, but you don't live it...
Me: (goes to Starbucks and spends hard-earned $3 on self)

No comments: