June 6, 2008

Things are getting weird with Daniel

So, last night, he came over and right away said, "You should feel special...I picked coming here over getting some more weed." Rolling my eyes here.

Also, I think he's trying to make me jealous. At one point, he said that a drunk chick came to his door to sell newspapers. He recapped their conversation and I laughed. But then he said, "I think she was hitting on me...she was asking how old I was and telling me that she's never had 'legal' sex or something (she must have been underage)."

I said, "Wow, that's weird...maybe it's a new tactic for selling newspapers?"

And then he said, "She was pretty hot, though..." and made a comment about her boobs.

Um, okay? I'm not jealous, but it bugged me that he was trying to make me so.

At another point, I mentioned that he was being quiet. He said, "I just don't want to say the wrong thing and scare you off again." Again? I had to kind of explain that the whole relationship with ________ thing had nothing to do with him.

When I mentioned that I got the apartment and would be moving soon, he said, "Yeah, I'm not going to drive even farther to see you..."

I said, "Well, that's too bad."

I don't know what the deal is. I think on one hand, he's getting attached and is throwing a hissy fit and on the other hand...

Wait, I don't think there is another hand. I think he's just getting attached and throwing a hissy fit. I don't know what has changed over the last few weeks, but I'm just not as into him anymore. Maybe it's because he's acting snarkier or more cynical. I don't know. Or maybe it's because I've gotten to know him better and found him to be less than appealing: he always has to be high or drunk, he's sarcastic, he never gets out to do fun stuff. I'm just not feeling it.

No comments: