June 6, 2008

Email exchange with a coworker

This is the one that is the coworker that is in her 60s...very witty and snarky, says she lives vicariously through me.

Terri: Are you interested in going to see Santana on Sept 13th at Fiddlers?

Kelli: I’m probably going to the Monolith festival at Red Rocks which is on the same day. But thanks for thinking of me!

Terri: What’s a monolith?

Kelli: The Monolith Festival is like a 2-day extravaganza with about 50+ little known bands. There are quite a few that I just love, though, so I’m really excited for it.

Terri: I looked up monolith in the dictionary; I guess this definition is fitting “an organized whole that acts as a single unified powerful or influential force”. You love being part of a “force” huh?

Kelli: I thought a monolith was like a really tall stone…huh. And besides, I *am* the force.

Terri: Yes it is a very large stone, kind of like a column. But it is also… a force to be reckoned with. And that you are!!

No comments: