May 28, 2008

Ruh-roh. Kayden lied.

I just discovered this morning that Kayden hasn't been doing his homework. I found it all shoved in a pocket in his backpack. He had been telling me that he either finished it at school, the teacher didn't have it ready, or he finished at his after-school care. It didn't even occur to me that he might be lying. When I discovered this, he got really pale and quiet. To his credit, he 'fessed up right away. However, when I mentioned that I would be calling his teacher, he started bawling.

So I pulled out a huge wad of papers and straightened them out. Even though it's the end of the year, he will be completing each and every one. I think he will also be grounded from video games until he completes them (sure to take at least a few nights). Lastly, I called his teacher and left a voicemail to explain the situation. I think there might be more to this, because it seems if he NEVER turns in homework...wouldn't she notify me at some point?

No comments: