May 27, 2008

Post-divorce relationships

I had read in several places (including divorcee message boards) that the first failed relationship/romance after you divorce can be a lot harder than the actual divorce. Now, I don't necessarily agree with that, but I will say that it hurts a lot more than I thought it would or should. Maybe it's because I *really* care for ________ or maybe it's because I just wasn't ready for a relationship (which I thought was the case anyways).

And, you know, this has been a problem with the men I've dated for a long time. They seem really great, but quickly seem to get "lazy" and act like they don't have to try anymore. And that just doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm just selfish or needy. Then so be it. I'll be selfish and needy...and single.

In any event, I'm absolutely done with relationships of any kind for a looooooong time. Once I end things with _________, I'm going back to casually sleeping and/or hanging out with dudes. Any more than that is just asking for trouble.

No comments: