May 29, 2008

I "broke up" with _________.

(I put that in quotes because how can you break up when it was never a real relationship?)

Well, to be accurate, I "broke up" with his voicemail. Because I can't get a hold of him. I just basically said that I think I wildly misunderstood him when he said he wanted a relationship and that I think he's too busy to fit me into his life and that I'd see him around sometime.

And then I called and cried to Kort for a bit.

And then I texted with Daniel for the next two hours.


Currently bouncing between feeling like I overreacted and rushed into the decision...and knowing that it is for the best and he will never change. A friend pointed out that because he saw me with Daniel, he got jealous and just wanted me for himself--not necessarily a relationship, though. That's just what he said to make me monogamous. That rang true.

Soooooooo...I'm pretty upset, but that's life and I'll get over it. I just need to trust my (albeit cynical) instincts. I knew he was fucking with me from the start...but I ignored it.

On the bright side, though, while texting with Daniel, he remembered that I was supposed to go to UT and asked how the trip was. When I said I had to cancel, he replied, "I'm sorry...you never get to have any fun." I gave him kudos for both remembering the trip and for the sympathy at not going.

Menver, I'm back!

No comments: