May 5, 2008

Emo, Ice Cream, and Iron Man

Friday night: I picked up Daniel on my way home from work and we hung out at my place. We got some dinner and movies and just spent all night chilling on my couch. We talked a bit and had fun. There were a couple times I got a little annoyed with him. I think, in general, I'm better suited emotionally and mentally for older guys. Daniel is about my age, but he seems so much younger to me. But all in all, it was fun. We watched Walk Hard and I Am Legend. Both of which sucked.

Saturday: picked up Kayden and we went to his cub scout event. It's at Dinosaur Ridge, which is basically a long hike with lots of mini-lectures along the way. We were there from about 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

After what seemed like an eternity, we were able to leave. We went back home, took a nap, then went to the storage shed on a scavenger hunt. This seems to be a recurring weekend event. There's always some obscure item we need to find. This week it was the black and red Spiderman action figures and my checkbooks.

Went back home and cleaned for the rest of the night.

Sunday: Kayden woke me up at 6:30 a.m. Seriously. And when I commented on the time, he said he had been up for a while already. Sheesh.

I had an open house, which is why I had to do all the cleaning. We had to be out of the house during this time. So I took a shower, did some more cleaning, took Kayden to see Iron Man (pretty good), went to the park for a bit, then went to the bookstore. We also went out for ice cream at Ben & Jerry's...here's my little emo-in-training:



We then went back home, ate some lunch, I got a bad headache and took a nap. Woke up, made some dinner and then Kayden's dad came to pick him up. I then finished the revisions for one story, did research for another story, may have fallen asleep again, felt sick and feverish. Probably should have just called it a night and gotten some more rest.

But no, Kort called, so I decided to go meet her for a drink. Went to Falling Rock and hung out with Kort, Jeff the Angry Chinese Bartender, Patrick the Brewmaster, Sexy Dave, and a few other bartenders. God, I love Falling Rock. After a couple hours, we went to a European cafe and drank some tea and ate some fries. Got home around 1:30 a.m.

No comments: