May 7, 2008

Can I brag/complain for a minute?

Each night, I come home, put music on and cook dinner. Kayden does his homework and plays until dinnertime. During the preparation of dinner, I unload the dishwasher and clean up the kitchen or do some laundry. After dinner, I do any light cleaning and some more laundry. Kayden and I will usually play or run errands like going to the library or grocery-shopping.

On the weekends, I do my down-and-dirty cleaning and big errands (like storage-shed-hunting).

I feel like I get so much accomplished. The result, however, is I'm exhausted at the end of each day and don't really have much time to play with Kayden. I guess those kinds of things need to be saved for the weekend. But I make a point to do something fun with Kayden away from the house every Saturday/Sunday (museum, movie, hiking, zoo, etc.)

Also, I don't really have downtime to myself to read or crochet or just relax and watch a movie. The nights that I'm free, I find that the last thing I want to do is sit at home all night...since I do that every other night.

::sigh:: Anyhow, the moral to this post is that I'm kicking ass on getting all the things done that need to be done. But I don't have enough time for the "fun" stuff.

No comments: