May 27, 2008

The bar can be upsetting.

Holy crap...I'm having the hardest time remembering anything.

Friday night: I'll start with what I remember. I found myself at Falling Rock with Kortney and Krystle. We ordered dinner and drinks. We had a blast. At one point, a couple cute frat boys came over and hung over with us. They invited me to be the singer of their air band, because I have the mad skillz.




And because I can fake-moonwalk. Throughout the night, several of their friends also came over to chat and hang out. Casey--Krystle's new man friend--showed up and they left on his ducati...it was hot.

Kort and I went to a karaoke bar where we met up with Ian--Kort's new man friend. They sang karaoke, which was pretty much awesome.


I got home around 1 a.m. and ________ called at 1:30 to say he got off work early. He said he was exhausted and had to be up early, but wanted to see me. I said, "So, how about I come over and we just sleep?" He said that would be awesome. So I went over there...and we just cuddled and slept. Well, mostly slept.

Saturday: had to be back home by 8 a.m. to intercept Kayden from Scott. We lounged around the house for a while. I cleaned up, as always. Then we went downtown. We saw Speed Racer, which Kayden LOVED. Then we walked around some more, played with his Speed Racer cars, picked Kort up. Then we went back home in time for that photo shoot I had mentioned last week. That was a lot of fun: Kayden pretending to be evil, me pretending to be dead. By the time we got back home, it was like 7:30 so we just hung out around the house.

Sunday: spent most of the day working in the storage shed. I went through SO many boxes, getting rid of junk, separating Josh's stuff from mine, and so on. I found a WHOLE bunch of brand new CDs I forgot I had. Found brand new books that I forgot I had and so on. Once Scott came to pick up Kayden, I went to the music store and traded in all those CDs for cash. That was pretty cool. After a while, I picked up Krystle from the park and we went downtown.

The bar was pretty upsetting. I think there was something going on with the staff, because they were all acting kind of shitty. Found out _________ was working (surprise!), but he pretty much ignored me. He did find time to sit down and chat with another table full of girls though. One of my favorite bartenders snapped at me when I asked if they were still serving food. When I tried to close out my tab with another of my favorite bartenders, he kept snapping that he wasn't a waiter and I had to deal with ________ or Dan, neither of whom I could even get to acknowledge me. Finally, I just handed some money to _________ and walked off. We went and got some dinner, met up with Kortney.

Even though I wasn't feeling it at all, we decided to go back to FR for a beer. We got a booth and waited for a server, but no one came. So I went and sat at the bar to order a drink. Waited for about 5-10 minutes, but Bryan never took my order. I was chatting with Patrick (who works there). At one point, Patrick called out, "Bryan, what do we have to do to get a beer around here?" Bryan snapped, "What do you think?!" (implying, I guess, that Patrick should just get his own drink or something). Finally, I went back to our table--drinkless--and we left. I don't know what was going on there, but they were all being assholes.

Monday: this was a pretty good day. Kort, Krystle, and I met in a park downtown and ate breakfast together. We played frisbee dance-off and a couple guys joined in the fun.




Then we talked and sang and had a good morning and afternoon. Krystle turned into Anus-face:






We parted ways. I had a showing at my house, so I couldn't go home. I went book- and music-shopping, which was nice (all free, since I had exchanged those books I found in my shed). Then I went home, took a nap, watched a movie, should have but didn't clean, went downtown to my favorite cafe and wrote for a couple hours. Then Kort met me and we hung out for about an hour. By this time, I was feeling pretty crappy so I just went home and went to bed.

Overall, it was a great weekend...but the FR thing and the _________ thing really left me feeling kind of upset. I'm over the situation. As soon as I can even get him on the phone, I'm just going to tell him that he seems too busy for a relationship and I'm not going to be his beck-and-call fuckbuddy. Even though I like him A LOT, it's not working for me. I see him maybe once a week...for a couple hours...in the middle of the night. And when we do have free time, he would rather spend all of it with his friends. I'm not asking him to spend ALL of his free time with me...just, you know, once in a while.

No comments: