April 8, 2008

Evolution, Emos, and Evergreen.

1. I've been teaching Kayden a bit about evolution. I also teach him about other peoples' points of view. I make sure to reiterate that just because *I* believe in something doesn't mean he has to. But what pisses me off is that other people try to go against what I'm teaching him. We were riding in the car and he brought up evolution again. He told me that his grandpa (Scott's dad) was giving him reasons why evolution isn't true. I think he said something like, "If we evolved from apes, how come we've stopped evolving?" or something like that. I don't know. It really pissed me off that a full-grown man is trying to impose his personal beliefs on my kid, when my goal is to raise Kayden with an open mind. I need not have worried, though. Apparently, Kayden said back to him, "Well, maybe we're still evolving" or something like that.

2. I worry Kayden is doomed to become an Emo. This is how he looks when he styles his own hair:


We had to be out of the house for a couple of hours while someone was looking at it, so we drove to Evergreen and at hot wings at a divey little restaurant and looked at scenery. We passed by a hippie restaurant and Kayden really wants to go there next weekend, and then go hiking.

No comments: