April 30, 2008

Cute hippie from train invited me out for coffee

He asked me to bring some of my "most poignant writing". Ummm...I don't think so. I'm intensely shy about my writing (will always write under a pseudonym) and would definitely not share it with a guy I would potentially date.

I think I need to stop telling people that I write...they almost ask to read some of it...which I don't want. I'm just really shy about it...don't know why. Wait, that's not true. I worry that it sucks or that people will think less of me after reading it.

I'm like George McFly.

George: Oh, no, no, no. I never, I never let anybody read my stories.
Marty: Why not?
George: Well, what if the didn't like them? What if they told me I was no good? I guess that might be hard for somebody to understand.

No comments: