April 21, 2008

Cats and Bar-Hops

There was all kinds of confusion about the plans for the night. Kort was going to Idaho Springs, but then was going to have Zoe spend the night, but Zoe made other plans, and Daniel and I were supposed to hang out but then he had dinner plans with friends and so on and so on.

Because of all this, Kort and I found ourselves together again. It had been about a week since we last saw each other, so we had lots of catching up to do. We hung out with our bartenders. After a couple hours, I went to see Daniel for a bit since he was leaving for New Orleans the next morning. When I arrived, a few of his friends were there (including my coworker). I felt a little awkward and out of place and really wanted to be back at Falling Rock, so I left after an hour...which upset Daniel. Meh.

So, back at Falling Rock, Krystle showed up with her friends and we all had a great time being dumbasses.

In case this wasn't obvious, this is a picture of God (labeled Elohim, per the Mormon code) on Kort's arm, saying, "OMG! LOL!" right next to the caption, "Hey! Ink poisons!"



Hours later, sober and heading home, I got near-simultaneous calls from Daniel and _______. Surprisingly (even to myself), I chose Daniel. I went over there.........to find his friends still there. Keep in mind, it was probably 3 a.m. by this time. So, I hung out for a while, kind of waiting for his friends to leave:



He was just drunk enough to let me take a whole buch of photos of him:



So, I ended up staying the night there and getting back home at 7:00 a.m. Kayden came home and we chilled around the house for a while. We finally pulled it together and got ready for the b-day party of Kayden's cousin. It was really fun to hang out with Kayden/Scott's family for a few hours. I love them to death, they love me, all is well.

Kayden and I just chilled and did our own thing for the rest of Saturday. On Sunday, we woke bright and early and went to the animal shelter where we adopted a cat. We brought it home, set it up in Kayden's room, then chilled some more. Scott came by to pick Kayden up again, I went downtown again (are you sensing a pattern to the weekends?).

I met Kort for dinner, then we went to Falling Rock. Again. Hung out with our bartenders. Again. Ran into Ronny, the kid I had a handstand contest with a couple weeks ago. Got a random call from Kenny, the guy I met at the Flobots concert last month. Texted a bit with Cutie-Pie Roger, who I hadn't talked to in a while. Found out Croman was in town again and wanted to hang out. Got a call from _______ and blew off Croman. Went to _________'s house and had a lot of fun hangingout. Like, laughing, making jokes, being silly, just having fun. We cuddled and slept and woke up this morning and cuddled again and I went to work.

No comments: