March 22, 2008

So I think I went on an actual "date" last night.

Kind of bizarre...I don't really remember a time I've dated like a regular person. I usually meet the guy, become boyfriend/girlfriend, and that's it. This whole thing is a new experience.

So, I met Josh--who will from hence forth be referred to as Bowers, because I really don't want to keep saying Josh--at a pub for some drinks. So, I didn't really remember what he looked like, just that I thought he was cute. Apparently, it was the same with him. Luckily, I wore the same hat as before, so he found me pretty quickly. And, well, he's super adorable.

We had SO much fun chatting. He's from Chicago, is a sports guy all the way (plays hockey, used to coach a kids hockey team), into hip-hop/rap, and is actually pretty intelligent (a smart jock? Really?). He works in sales, but is thinking of leaving because he's worried the company is shady and that bothers him.

We talked for a couple hours, then went to ESPN Zone and played there. I kicked his ass in air hockey, he kicked my ass in the football-throwing game, and we both rocked the mini-bowling. Throughout the whole night, he paid for everything. Very date-like, indeed.

So, um, yeah. I'm pretty sure we'll see each other again.

No comments: