March 19, 2008

I love Cub Scouts, mmkay?

This was the first meeting that I took Kayden to, since Josh has backed out. We rushed home, I got him ready. This went smoothly, except he had to instruct me on how to tie his neck thing. When I explained to him that Josh wouldn't be taking him anymore and the reason why, Kayden got really upset and almost started crying. But then as we headed to the meeting, he said, "So you're going to start taking me to my meetings?" I said yes and he replied, "I guess I'll get used to it."

So, onto the meeting. All week, I had known Kayden's meeting was going to be at the fire station. I just didn't really think much about it. Until we walked inside. I think I grinned and blushed the entire time.

Hot. Firemen. Everywhere.

We had two guys as our tour guides, one of which was very hot and funny. ::fans self:: In my mind, I thought, "Thank you, Josh!"

Anyhow, getting back to the scout thing. Only one other kid was there and I knew his dad so it was cool.


Kayden in the firetruck:


Hot Fireman Ed helping Kayden out of the truck:


So after taking them on a tour, Hot Fireman Ed put on his uniform. I seriously could not stop smiling and possibly hyperventilating:


And then he talked to them about not being afraid of a fireman, just because he sounds like Darth Vader:


And nearing the end of the tour, they got an emergency call and had to move out:


Best. Cub Scout meeting. Ever.

No comments: