March 27, 2008

Cavities, Cats, and Cute Guys: my day in review.

1. Kayden had a tooth extracted this morning. It had a pretty big cavity in it and since it was a baby tooth, the dentist decided to just remove the tooth altoghether. Not sure how I feel about this...but too late now. He was at home, recovering until around noon and then he felt ready to go to school.

2. Scar Cat is still missing. I checked at the Dumb Friends League shelter, but he's not there. I'll be checking a couple shelters tonight, as well as posting a reward flyer in our neighborhood. I'm pretty sure someone has him though, like last time he went missing.

3. Scott just called me to tell me his work schedule has changed. I won't be getting Fridays off anymore (unless he can get it changed back). That means my free nights will be Sundays and/or Mondays. Woo-hoo. <~~~~note the sarcasm. Now, my annoyance isn't completely selfish. It sucks for Kayden that he gets to see his dad a total of six hours a week (since he gets picked up around 6 p.m. and goes to bed around 9 p.m. both nights).

4. Due to #3, it looks like I might have to cancel my first date with Mike.

5. I have a killer headache and the prescribed Ibuprofen 800 isn't doing a damn thing for it.

6. On the bright side, I've been texting with two very cute guys this morning. That cheered me up. But they're both asking when we can get together. Umm...reply hazy, try again later. I don't know. I'm kind of wondering if I shouldn't just stop trying to date and go back to the convenient friend-with-benefits thing. Dating is too hard when you never know when your next free night is. Not to mention that my "babysitter" has a tendency of becoming unavailable without much notice.

So, the moral of this post is that I'm grumpy and feeling all bad for myself.

No comments: