December 5, 2006

Book Thong

In keeping with my oath to create all or most Christmas presents this year, I came up with the idea of book thongs: they're simple, quick, cheap, and (to someone like me) very useful.
To start with, I went to SkyBluePink.com, and perused their charms section. To my delight, I saw...

Lingerie charms. What could be better? I don't know about you, but I get sick of seeing the same old book thong charms: horses, stars, dolphins, or anything else that belongs on a 9-year-old girl's backpack.

Anyways, the charms were really cheap (I think about $1.50 for three). I also bought some double-strand crochet thread.

I got the original pattern at Crochet Me, but made a few changes of my own. Because I was using double-strand thread, I only made a single chain for the length of the book thong (rather than doubling back, as they suggest in the pattern). Also, I plan to use A LOT fewer tassels than they recommend, as well as fewer chains

All in all, I think it took about five or ten minutes, and about $.52 per thong. Not bad at all, in my opinion.

Here are some pictures of my first attempted thong:

No comments: